When most people hear the word “crime,” they do not immediately picture a clean, 穿着考究的, professional man or woman sitting in a leather chair behind a walnut desk. 然而, crimes can be committed by people from all walks of life, and if you’ve recently been charged with a white-collar crime here in California, you should strongly consider retaining the services of a knowledgeable Tehama County white-collar crimes lawyer who can work to shield you from those charges in any way he can. 联系 欧博平台注册 to schedule your initial consultation with our firm.
Why Hire a Tehama County White-Collar Crimes Lawyer?
Those who’ve been charged with white-collar crimes have a lot on the line. Not only are their reputations and futures at stake, but there is a very good chance that thousands, if not millions of dollars worth of assets are at stake as well. Our Tehama County criminal attorney is here to help fight your charges at every turn.
How Are White-Collar Crimes Defined?
在大多数情况下, white-collar crimes are defined as crimes committed by business executives, government officials, and other people who are placed in a position of power or trust where they have access to funds and other assets. 在大多数情况下, white-collar crimes involve theft of these funds or assets on large scales.
Common Types of White-Collar Crimes
“White-collar crimes” is a blanket term to describe a wide variety of crimes, and though there are various types of white-collar crimes not listed here, some of the most common white-collar crimes that our firm sees are as follows:
- 勒索: Extortion is when one party threatens another party to turn over money or assets in exchange for refraining to release harmful information about the individual to the public. Essentially, extortion is blackmailing someone to give you money.
- 挪用公款: When someone is in a trusted position within a company, he or she may be in charge of handling company funds and finances. When that person either misappropriated those funds, or otherwise takes those funds for his or her own benefit, he or she is guilty of embezzlement.
- 庞氏骗局: 庞氏骗局, which you may very well associate with Bernie Madoff, are schemes wherein an individual promises investors blockbuster offers that often seem too good to be true (this is because they are). These unsuspecting investors will then eventually realize that they never made any money to begin with, and that the individual, 事实上, robbed them of their “investments.” When one is found guilty of a Ponzi scheme, he or she may face years of incarceration, among other penalties.
- 企业欺诈: When businesses or corporations falsify information, such as the true value of their yearly revenue, to either save or make money, it is considered corporate fraud. 而很明显, this is both unethical and illegal, and can entail serious criminal penalties.
- 破产欺诈: While most people use bankruptcy only when they truly need it, this is not always the case, 有时, people or businesses will withhold certain financial documents from the bankruptcy court in an effort to obtain a more favorable outcome. This is bankruptcy fraud, and it may come with various consequences 在定罪.
Penalties for White-Collar Crimes in California
While certain white-collar crimes can be charged as misdemeanors, the majority of white-collar crimes are felonies, 这就是为什么, 在定罪, you may face any of the following penalties:
- Years of incarceration
- Having to pay restitution
- Community confinement
联系 a Tehama County 白领犯罪 Lawyer
而很明显, the criminal penalties for a white-collar crime are severe, so no matter the circumstances, 你不能耽搁. 联系 欧博平台注册 today so our firm can begin mounting the most effective strategy going forward on your behalf.